Tenuta San Leonardo
The wines of Tenuta San Leonardo have ancient origins. The cellar, too, has a venerable pedigree for it began operations in 1724, when it was inherited by the family of the present owners. Marchese Carlo Guerrieri Gonzaga is the descendant and continuer of that line. The estate covers a total of 300 hectares, of wich 25 are planted to vine. The very loose gravel-based and sandy soils are fairly distinctly neutral ph makes them ideal for producing wines of extraordinary elegance.